Accounting, Reporting, and Disclosure
Sustainability & Climate Change (S&CC) reporting is a way for businesses to disclose their corporate responsibility and sustainability accomplishments to investors, employees, communities, and other stakeholders. In addition, S&CC reporting enables businesses to understand the impacts of their operations so that they can improve those operations.
Businesses are seeking ways to understand and respond to social and environmental impacts, influence government regulation, manage risk, identify new goods and services, and manage external relationships to build trust and credibility.
Deloitte member firms help clients in their efforts to:
- Benchmark peer S&CC reporting and activities
- Engage external stakeholders to understand expectations
- Develop key performance targets based on benchmarking and stakeholder engagement
- Establish report vision and content as part of a broader communications strategy
- Understand data and information needs to meet requirements or reporting frameworks such as GRI, AA1000, and others
- Assess availability and quality of necessary data and information
- Develop recommendations to improve reporting quality
S&CC reporting can help companies in their efforts to:
- Meet the expectations of investors and other external stakeholders
- Better understand current S&CC performance and areas for improvement
- Respond to S&CC activity of competitors
- Achieve greater credibility among employees, business partners, and government regulators