Understanding your customer’s clients
Customer analytics from the inside out
It takes more than number-crunching to arrive at a full understanding of a company’s customers, and it takes far more than gut instinct to make business-boosting decisions—especially if the business wants to build and sustain market share in today’s competitive global economy.
Any number of companies can perform a business analytics exercise and provide their clients with insights into their customers. But Deloitte Analytics’ insight identifies a clients’ customer analytics needs and offers sustainable solutions. With knowledge and industry expertise, Deloitte has the experience to help clients take their customer data to the next level, applying insights to improve operations and maximize profits over the long haul.
Deloitte’s keen understanding of the clients’ business makes a difference. “You need business knowledge to understand the results and take the analysis beyond a technical approach,” explains Richard Hammell, Deloitte Analytics UK leader. “We work with clients to reach the next step by showing them things they haven’t seen before.”
Understanding customers from the inside out
Customer analytics helps a client increase their profitability through attracting and retaining the right customers, and can also answer key business questions such as:
- “What is the best pricing strategy for our product?”
- “How should we approach our branding?”
- “Does our customer service meet our customers’ needs?”
The process is more than a single exercise in analyzing customer data. Working in partnership with Deloitte, clients learn to apply the lessons from analytics to business processes on an ongoing basis, streamlining and embedding the capabilities in their day-to-day operations.
Customer analytics in action
Deloitte has already successfully helped an array of clients with customer analytics solutions. The work has proven to be both time and cost-effective, accomplishing with a small analytics team what would have otherwise taken a large number of employees and company resources. For example:
- To help a client raise more money for their charity, Deloitte uncovered which customers bought products, how much they spent, whether they were repeat buyers, etc. Analysts helped the client revamp their approach to merchandising, reevaluate their brand, and establish target customer segments.
- To help a financial services client focus sales efforts, Deloitte examined the retail buying patterns of those purchasing financial products. They found small differences in the customer base according to location, and were able to maximize revenues in the area.
Deloitte Analytics’ approach to customer analytics is different. By taking a deep dive into the data—with a firm grasp of each clients’ business—Deloitte helps clients more fully understand their customers, identify opportunities for growth, and enhance their customer experience. Clients are enabled to take action on their insights on a continual basis, to change their processes according to meaningful customer data, deriving tremendous value from Deloitte Analytics’ solution.