Deloitte provides a comprehensive suite of CFO services to the support the CFO in his unique position as integrator of corporate governance, operations, performance management and business strategy. CFO Services offers strategy, diagnostic, design and implementation support relating to:
- Business process re-engineering and transformation;
- Shared services;
- Process outsourcing;
- Governance and organization reporting structures;
- Information strategy;
- Performance measurement;
- Key performance indicators;
- Balance scorecards;
- Financial dashboards;
- Costing and pricing;
- Enterprise planning, budgeting and forecasting;
- Revenue cycle enhancement;
- Closing consolidations and reporting;
- Cash and treasury;
- Payables and receivables;
- Project and fixed assets;
- Business risk identification.
Our unique value proposition is our high degree of internal integration with the other capabilities within Deloitte, particularly:
- Change management;
- Integrated enterprise solutions;
- Business IT strategy;
- Program leadership and c orporate strategy;
- Merger and integration.
CFO Services support has extended across all the industries which Deloitte serves, including: communications, consumer business, energy, financial services, health care, manufacturing and public sector.
Major business issues addressed
CEO's want CFO's who can lead. They must perform highly visible roles that draw on a broad skill set including strategic planning design, deal making, team-development, external communication and controllership.
The CFO's unique position as integrator across capital and commercial markets has not changed. However, the speed and agility required to address new economy issues and successfully execute them across the organization's value cycles has changed dramatically. Market and technological realities challenge the CFO to further develop the finance organizations' capabilities and deploy them into new roles. Some of the business issues the F&PM practice assists CFO's to address include:
- Managing the dynamics of operating performance that creates value as Shareholders, Portfolio Managers and Analysts pay more attention to these issues;
- Handling consistent pressure to sustain profitable growth that continues to fuel merger and acquisition activity;
- Ongoing consolidation of, and re-structuring within, industries are resulting in new and changing business models within a growing global operational framework;
- Internal and external demand to dramatically raise “effectiveness and efficiency” of business processes, and enhance decision support information through deployment on improving internet technologies;
- Progressively moving towards more pervasive electronic collaborative commerce utilizing internet technologies;
- Facing overall challenges in allocating resources and funding priorities due to declining health of the global economy is becoming increasingly critical;
- Increasing need to “release” ROI from existing technology developments, while continuing to invest in new internet technologies with high payback;
- Disintegration of operating models resulting from greater use of contact manufacturing, outsourcing, collaborative product development on the one hand, while increasing efficiencies are being sought through the centralization of transaction processing in shared service environments on the other;
- Dramatically increased risk profile given the expansion of e-commerce (B2C, B2B, B2E) and impacts of rising world terrorism;
- Growing pressure from the SEC & FASB to tighten compliance with enhanced regulatory requirements.