Deloitte wins six Oracle North America Titan Awards
Deloitte’s best showing to date in the awards program
New York, 3 October 2011 — Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) is pleased to announce today that Deloitte member firms (Deloitte) received awards in six categories of the Oracle North America Titan Awards for 2011. Deloitte received the awards in the following categories: Cloud Computing; Communications, Media & Entertainment Industry; Consumer & Retail Industry; Financial Management/Enterprise Performance Management; Global Systems Integrator (SI) Applications Momentum; and Oracle WebCenter.
Deloitte was the only nominee to receive six top honors in this year’s competition, which represents Deloitte’s best showing to date in the premier awards program—and the sixth consecutive year that Deloitte has been honored with multiple Oracle North America Titan awards.
“Deloitte’s showing in this year’s Oracle North America Titan Awards is an honor that can also be perceived as a recognition of Deloitte’s deep industry experience and breadth of capabilities across Oracle’s stack of application, middleware, and hardware products,” said Nidal Haddad, Global Oracle Alliance Leader, DTTL. “Even more importantly, these awards reflect Deloitte’s ability to provide world-class, value-driven service to its clients in the form of understanding clients’ business requirements and helping them in their efforts to overcome critical business challenges.”
“Deloitte’s commitment to delivering value to our joint customers has enabled it to consistently distinguish itself as a leader in Oracle implementation services,” commented Tyler Prince, Group Vice President of North America Sales Alliance & Channels, Applications, & Systems Integrators, Oracle. “This commitment is reflected in Deloitte’s Diamond OPN status, its status as the first systems integrator to serve as the Marquee sponsor of Oracle OpenWorld, and of course, its multiple Titan Award wins. Collectively, these accomplishments suggest that Deloitte has become quite adept at working with Oracle to deliver an outstanding level of client satisfaction.”
The following are brief descriptions of the categories in which Deloitte won awards and the collaborations for which it was honored:
• Cloud Computing. A leading company in the home delivery of medical products turned to “the Cloud” and a Software-as-a-Service solution to enhance its sales-oriented functions. After a thorough selection process, the organization chose to deploy a single-tenant instance of Oracle CRM On Demand and Contact On Demand (COD). Among other benefits, the solution delivered value by providing sales reps and managers with a centralized view of account and customer interactions as well as insight into the effectiveness of their activities through analytic reporting.
• Communications, Media & Entertainment Industry. In order to realize the benefits of a significant merger, an entertainment software company commenced parallel projects to consolidate multiple Oracle Applications into a single global instance. The Deloitte member firm engagement team and the client jointly developed the overall solution design. Upon go-live, the new single instance immediately began to deliver value by providing a single version of the truth, better data, and more time for analysis across all business functions, including HR.
• Consumer & Retail Industry. Staying true to its culture of innovation, a major consumer goods company decided to transform its processes through the implementation of Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. The engagement entailed designing and implementing a whole new set of leading manufacturing processes, streamlining the supply chain across all 20 of the company’s diversified plants, and improving customer service. By utilizing out-of-the-box functionality and built-in leading practices as much as possible, the Deloitte member firm engagement team created value by eliminating 350 modifications and providing the company with a scalable system to support rapid growth.
• Financial Management/EPM. This engagement helped a global provider of medical technology and services to improve its annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes. Enabled by several Oracle Hyperion performance management applications, this global program generated efficiencies throughout the enterprise by standardizing planning processes, data input activities, and data and master data integrations. In addition to reducing the quarterly forecasting cycle by 10 days, decision-making was enhanced, as was the overall quality of the planning process.
• Global Systems Integrator (SI) Applications Momentum. This award recognizes achievements in marketing, sales and team engagement in support of Oracle’s strategic vision.
• Oracle WebCenter. A division of a leading agricultural company sought to reduce its operating costs and improve efficiencies within its order-to-cash process by replacing its aging, legacy customer order-entry portal with a more modern solution with enhanced functionality. To accomplish this objective, a custom application was developed on top of Oracle WebCenter using Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) 11g, which leveraged web services to integrate with the back-end applications. Custom skins and templates, which are supported by Oracle WebCenter, were created to provide the look and feel that the client envisioned.
The Oracle North America Titan Awards recognize alliance members for their ability to deliver Oracle systems and services, developed or delivered in fiscal year 2011, that drive business and customer value. These awards recognize excellence in sales, marketing, and solution development.
Deloitte is a Diamond-level member in OPN and is the first systems integrator to serve as a Marquee sponsor of Oracle OpenWorld.
About the Deloitte Oracle Alliance
Deloitte member firms throughout the world provide access to more than 12,000 professionals who collectively possess deep industry and functional knowledge across Oracle’s full line of applications and technology. Reflecting its commitment to client satisfaction, Deloitte has been consistently recognized by analysts as the leader in Oracle implementation-related services.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's alliance program that provides alliances with tools to better develop, sell, and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle’s products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle’s growing product portfolio, alliance base, and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for alliances to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise, and proven success. To find out more, visit http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's approximately 182,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.