Consumers and health care
Results of Deloitte’s 2011 global survey of health care consumers
This podcast provides an overview of the 2011 global survey of health care consumers, conducted by the Deloitte Center for Health Solutions. The survey captured more than 15,000 responses from consumers in 12 countries including Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Mexico, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States.
Since 2008, the Deloitte Center for Health Solutions has been surveying consumers on their attitudes, behaviors, and unmet needs towards health care and to quantify year-to-year changes. The insights gained from these surveys offer health care industry leaders and policymakers a comprehensive and timely view into how consumers perceive their health, health care, and health insurance.
During this podcast, we'll discuss:
- What did the survey findings reveal about how consumers are reacting to the rising cost of health care coupled with the current state of the economy, and how those factors are affecting their health care?
- What are the similarities and differences among consumers’ responses?
- How did consumers rate their health care systems?
- Paul H. Keckley, Ph.D., Executive Director, Deloitte Center for Health Solutions
- Bob Go, Global Managing Director, Life Sciences and Health Care Industry group, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Limited
Host: Holly Seguine, Senior Manager, DTTL Global Online Communications
2011 global survey of health care consumers
Read the reports.
Deloitte Center for Health Solutions
Learn more about the Center.