Sustainability 2011: The podcast
Over the past four decades, sustainability has increasingly commanded the attention of businesses and governments across the world. But many executives are skeptical that the return on sustainability-related initiatives will achieve satisfactory levels. A new Deloitte report delves into the dynamics driving sustainability efforts and offers some suggestions for addressing the challenges that lay ahead.
In this podcast, senior Deloitte leaders offer their perspectives on the report. We'll discuss:
- What are some of the primary drivers of business engagement in the sustainability agenda?
- Is business or civil society taking the lead?
- What countries’ support do you find most surprising?
- What do you see as the progression of standards development in sustainability over the next 5-10 years and how will the private sector, NGOs, and government interact?
- Which industries are the most advanced in terms of their actions around sustainability?
- How are green markets developing – from both the investor and consumer side?
- What do you see as the most significant downside to not addressing these challenges – for governments and for companies?
Nick Main: Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited Global Leader for Sustainability & Climate Change Services.
- Valerie Chort: Partner and national leader of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability at Deloitte & Touche LLP.
Host: Holly Seguine, Senior Manager, DTTL Global Online Communications
Sustainability 2011: A difficult coming of age