Online regulation ratchets up
Deloitte global podcasts
Online regulation ratchets up, but cookies live on
Deloitte predicts that online privacy will be an even more contentious issue in 2011 provoking irate headlines and exasperated calls for action, yet new regulations governing the way websites gather, share, and exploit user information will only have a minor impact on Internet companies which will take increasingly robust measures to regulate themselves.
- What significant changes to laws regarding privacy does Deloitte see taking place in 2011?
- How can companies prepare for those changes?
- What benefits will consumers see as a result of those changes?
- Roel Van Rijsewijk, Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk Services, Deloitte Netherlands
- Jordan Prokopy, Privacy consultant, Enterprise Risk Services, Deloitte Canada
- Duncan Stewart, Director of Deloitte Canada Research and co-author of TMT Predictions
Holly Seguine, Senior Manager, Online Communications, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited