Raising the Bar
2011 TMT Global Security Study – Key Findings
The fifth edition of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited’s (DTTL) Global Security Study for the Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) industry, Raising the Bar is based on in-depth research and detailed survey interviews with 138 TMT organizations around the world. It also includes cutting-edge insights from senior professionals in the Enterprise Risk Services practices of Deloitte member firms.
This year, the research and survey results show that TMT organizations haven’t changed substantially in their approach to information security around governance, reporting, and investments. However, significant change is noted regarding threats to information security, initiatives for the next year, and heightened attention overall for information security incidents. In an era of increasing interconnectivity, security incidents can have unprecedented high impact, and evidence suggests that public tolerance for such incidents is rapidly diminishing.
The 2011 Global TMT Security Study, Raising the Bar, provides results and insights gained from the survey, enhanced by Deloitte’s research and experience in this area.
The study covers:
- Emerging threats that TMT companies face, including mobile security, social media, and privacy.
- Factors driving security governance today, and considerations for determining what maturity level is necessary for organizations.
- The changing role of the CISO and the challenges facing the security professional today.
- Developments in the cyber world and what TMT organizations deem is necessary to enhance the level of security.
Download Raising the Bar: 2011 TMT Global Security Study – Key Findings (PDF)
Webcast: Technology, Media & Telecommunications
Creating the Secure TMT Organization: Confronting Emerging Threats
Register for the webcast – Thursday, 8 Dec, 1:00 PM EST
What industry trends are affecting the security posture of technology, media, and telecommunications (TMT) organizations? How are TMT companies coping with the continuously evolving threat landscape? We'll discuss:
- Emerging threats that TMT companies face, including mobile security, social media, and the cyber-terror underground.
- Factors driving security governance today, and considerations for determining what maturity level is necessary for your organization.
- The latest developments in cybersecurity, privacy issues, and data management.
Hear results of Deloitte's TMT Global Security Survey, and learn what leading companies are doing to protect their most important assets.