Meet Michel de la Bellière
EMEA Solvency II Leader, Deloitte & Touche LLP
Michel de la Bellière re-joined Deloitte in 2006, having previously worked for Deloitte Consulting between 1995 and 2003. He brings more than 17 years of experience in consulting for the insurance industry in France and in the US. His clients include some of the largest insurers on the French market. He has worked both in the P&C and health & life segments, for insurers as well as brokers. In addition to leading Deloitte’s Solvency II Initiative in France, Michel chairs Deloitte’s European Solvency II Working Group.
His experience includes
- European Commission – 2009 / 2010: coordination of the European Experts involved in the Impact Analysis of Level 2 implementing measures.
- Set-up and management of several Solvency II projects.
- Set up and management of several Data Implementation projects within Solvency II programmes.
- Gap analysis of Solvency II readiness and high level roadmap definition.
- Definition of the risk governance framework.
- Benchmarking study of risk management organization in the insurance and bancassurance European sector.
- Merger and acquisition: exploratory study for the set up of joint ventures for several large insurers(e.g. in the field of retirement and long-term savings, in the health area industry).