2011 Global Powers of Retailing
Deloitte global podcasts
2011 Global Powers of Retailing - The podcast
What have retailers learned about entering into new markets? Listen to an overview of Deloitte’s 2011 Global Powers of Retailing, produced in conjunction with Stores Media, which takes a look at what globalization means for retailers. The report also examines major retail trends, provides a global economic outlook for retail, and identifies the 250 largest retailers around the world for the past fiscal year.
- A number of retailers have tried – some successfully and some not – to enter one or more of the so-called emerging markets. What kinds of lessons can be learned from their experiences?
- What kind of international expansion activity did we see last year among the top 250 retailers and did any particular patterns emerge?
- What are some of the key challenges retailers will be facing this year?
- Ira Kalish: Director of Global Economics and Consumer Business with Deloitte Research, part of Deloitte Services LP in the United States
- Richard Hyman, Strategic Retail Adviser to Deloitte United Kingdom
Holly Seguine, Senior Manager, Online Communications, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited