Partnerships and the role of business in society: 2007/2008 examples
- The DTT Manufacturing industry group published the report " Innovation in emerging markets: 2008 annual study. Managing product sourcing risks in emerging markets."
- Deloitte U.S. Firms* published " The staying power of sustainability: Balancing opportunity and risk in the hospitality industry" (June 2008).
- Deloitte Canada offers a series of Insights Podcasts discussing the social, environmental, and governance challenges to businesses and how to approach them.
- Deloitte Australia published the report " Sustainability reporting: A survey of NSW government" examining issues surrounding sustainability reporting in the NSW public sector (March 2008).
- Deloitte U.S. Firms* published the book " Building supply chain excellence in emerging economies" (Springer, 2007).
- Douglas J. Lattner, Chairman and CEO of Deloitte Consulting LLP, part of Deloitte LLP, the U.S. member firm of DTT, published the article " Transforming for sustainability" in Executive Decision (March 2008).
- Chris Park, Principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP, part of Deloitte LLP, the U.S. member firm of DTT, published the article " Who is responsible for responsibility" in Corporate Responsibility Officer (May 2008).
Meetings and events
- Jesus Ramos, HR Director at Deloitte Mexico, spoke on "CSR versus Philanthropy" at the Tecnológico de Monterrey (February 2007).
- The 2008 Boao Forum for Asia Annual Conference was the third consecutive gathering in which DTT participated as an Intellectual Supporting Partner, by collaborating with the organization and its members to develop a program that addresses how governments and businesses can work together to balance economic growth and sustainable development for mutual and long-term success.
Dialogue with clients
Some DTT member firms are beginning to include corporate responsibility concerns in their communications and other dealings with clients.
- In 2007, Deloitte Netherlands included questions pertaining to the member firm's corporate responsibility activities in the annual market research exercise.
- Deloitte Australia sponsored Investment and Financial Services Industry Association (IFSA) competition inviting professionals from the investment and financial services industry to submit papers on some of the most challenging public policy issues of the industry including climate change, how to shrink the retirement savings gap, and how to extend the reach of life insurance to more of the population. A young equity dealer from Goldman Sachs won the first prize and was awarded a round-the-world trip (October 2007).
<span class=">Public commitments
- DTT and its member firms continue to support the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and in January 2008, Deloitte Hong Kong retired partner, Peter Wong, was re-elected to the GRI Board of Directors, having previously served on the Board for a four-year period between 2002 and 2006.
- In June 2008, Charles Heeter, Managing Principal, Deloitte LLP, the U.S. member firm of DTT, was re-elected to a two-year term as Chairman of the Business and Industry Advisory Committee (BIAC) executive board by the BIAC general assembly.
*As used in this reporting, "Deloitte U.S. Firms" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
Partnerships and the role of business in society
Page Last Updated