Partnerships and the Role of Business in Society: 2006/2007 Examples
- On May 27, 2007, former DTT CEO Bill Parrett and Peter Bowie, then CEO of Deloitte China, hosted a Deloitte Forum in Shanghai to discuss the sustainable development of China as a major player in the global economy. Deloitte Global Forums are held all around the world by Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and its member firms to address some of the critical issues facing global companies.
- On April 22, 2007, former DTT CEO, Bill Parrett, outlined the value of corporate responsibility and measuring non-financial performance indicators for Chinese business during the Boao Forum for Asia.
- Barry Salzberg, CEO Deloitte & Touche USA LLP, spoke on the topic "Social Action: Changing the Brain of Business" at the 2006 Net Impact conference, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Chicago.
- Deloitte member firms feel strongly about the importance of establishing relationships with IGOS and NGOs and work to maintain their expectations, improve communications and influence their policy decisions. A recent initiative to strengthen the relationships between these types of organizations is the new Council for Multilateral Business Diplomacy (CMBD). DTT has been in on the ground level in the development of the organization. The CMBD arranges for companies to meet IGOs and NGOs, learn about their agendas, network and exchange views on common interests.
- Deloitte & Touche GmbH in Germany together with Kirchoff Consult and Manager Magazine launched the "Good Company Ranking 2007," a listing of the companies whose human capital policies and forward-looking approach to ecological and social commitment have had a positive effect on corporate governance and profitability.
- DTT in collaboration with the Economist Intelligence Unit launched "In the Dark II: What many boards and executives still don't know about the health of their businesses."
- Deloitte member firms have a strong history of contributing to the development of solutions to shared global challenges. As participants in the 1992 Earth Summit, Deloitte member firms were among the first professional services organizations to acknowledge the importance of environmental sustainability to the success of leading global companies. Deloitte member firm practitioners have continued to forge relationships with organizations such as the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, the United Nations Global Compact and the Global Reporting Initiative that are dedicated to measuring and managing the effects business has on the environment and society at large.
- In November 2006, an interview with Peter Bowie, then CEO of Deloitte China, was published in China Daily. The resulting article, "Firm sets sights on sustainable development," describes how Deloitte China contributes to sustainable development in China.
- Wolfgang Grewe — senior partner and chairman of Deloitte Germany and member of the Global Executive — made a keynote speech on "Global Excellence and Leadership in Corporate Social Responsibility" at the International Federation of Scholarly Associations of Management (ISFAM) World Congress, Berlin, September 2006.
- In September 2007, Doug Lattner, chairman & CEO Deloitte Consulting LLP at Deloitte United States*, spoke to a group of 250 MBA students at Darden (UVA B-school) about corporate sustainability.
* As used in this reporting, "Deloitte United States" means Deloitte & Touche USA LLP and/or one or more of its subsidiaries.
Page Last Updated