BIAC, AMCHAM France and OECD Joint Workshop: The Business Case for Women’s Economic Empowerment
2 February 2012 , Paris, France
Deloitte is proud to support the Business & Industry Advisory Committee to the OECD (BIAC) on the development of the OECD Gender Initiative, a multi-disciplinary program to help governments promote gender equality in education, employment, and entrepreneurship. Deloitte is providing intellectual and resource support to BIAC as it prepares its report to the 2012 OECD Ministerial and Forum to be held in May, outlining the business perspective and best practice experiences.
The February 2nd Joint Workshop facilitated exchanges between senior experts from business, government, academia, international organizations and other stakeholders addressing:
- Plugging the Leaking Pipe: Reality and Business Best Practices
- Women and Boards: Achieving Inclusive Governance Strategies
- Roundtable Discussion between Business and Governments
The three main objectives of the meeting are:
- Highlight the business case for women’s economic empowerment through presentation of company case studies and talent management best practices;
- Address key public policy issues needed to enable employer best practices and advance women’s economic empowerment;
- Identify areas for OECD work to further elaborate on key issues and questions raised by the workshop.
Opening address: Charles P. Heeter, Global Public Policy Group, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and Chairman, BIAC