To estimate the value of a business, real estate, or equipment for sale as part of a merger or acquisition, need for financing, privatization, joint venture, listing on a stock exchange, allocation of purchase price or for any other purpose, either as an on-going business entity or under a liquidation scenario.
• Understand your objectives for the valuation in order to structure the engagement appropriately, including defining the ownership interest to be valued, the premise of value and the valuation date, which can differ depending on the purpose and the use of the valuation
• Define and agree the scope of the valuation analysis, as well as the level of report required, given the intended use of the valuation
• Determine the appropriate valuation methodologies to be used (i.e., income, market, and cost approaches)
• Perform necessary research and analysis for the company, assets, industry and market and apply the appropriate valuation procedures
• Reconcile value indications to either a point estimate or range of values
• Present and discuss with you the results of the valuation analysis.
• Issue a fairness opinion on the share exchange ratio in the case of mergers.