AuditSystem/2 for Internal Audit Software and supporting template content and guidance is a PC-based toolset to support the execution of the internal audit methodology. AuditSystem/2 is an automated workpaper preparation and engagement documentation software package in use throughout Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu. It is designed to add effectiveness and efficiency to the performance of a variety of engagement processes, with a focus on performing and reviewing engagement work online. It facilitates a complete internal audit approach by providing a "road map" through the process, with applicable workpaper templates and embedded smart audit support functionality.
The Internal Audit pack within AuditSystem/2 consists of the following major components:
• Document Manager - provides an electronic "folder" system to help track, manage, organize, and import information normally stored in paper-based engagement files
• Smart Audit Support - provides you with electronic support for tracking and reporting the results of your audits
• Workpaper Preparation - provides Microsoft Word and Excel-based workpaper templates that can be customized to meet specific engagement needs, including a number of features builtin to assist both preparers and reviewers of engagement documentation
• Audit Universe and Risk Assessment - provides you with step-by-step electronic support for defining an audit universe, developing a risk model, executing a risk model, prioritizing auditable segments, scheduling audits, and following up on audit findings (issues)
• Access to Information - uses Folio technology to provide online access to guidance and reference materials. The specific guidance for the Internal Audit pack is the Internal Audit Methodology located in Folio Views.