A Quality Assurance Review (QAR) is a strategic assessment of an internal audit function, including its infrastructure, staff experience, and performance relative to business goals, "best practices", and applicable standards. We take a flexible approach to a QAR, which is customized to meet the sponsor's specific concerns. Our approach considers the efficiency, productivity, and impact of the internal audit department on the organization.
We ascertain whether the department:
• Performs an effective role in the organization's overall control environment
• Focuses the right people on the right issues
• Is appropriately risk oriented
• Uses technology effectively
• Provides value-added results
• Adheres to appropriate internal audit standards and industry practices.