The key benefit of our Business Continuity Planning approach is that it helps our clients achieve reasonable assurance of end-to-end availability of essential business processes and functions, cost-effectively. Our chief focus is on the recovery requirements of the business. We team with our clients to implement contingency plans and arrangements that are appropriate to their needs.
We believe strongly that the relevance of a continuity program is dependent on the underlying business processes taken in the context of management's strategies and objectives. Business goals should drive recovery strategies. We meld continuity experience, technology know-how, and industry knowledge to focus efficiently on what is critical and to help our clients focus their time and resources on the right continuity solutions.
Our approach to business continuity assignments often tracks with the following set of phased activities:
• Identify critical business processes
• Analyze impact of disruption
• Define operational and financial impacts of an outage
• Agree on the maximum allowable outage for each process
• Determine the resources needed to recover essential processes - Continuity Strategy Definition
• Identify alternatives for meeting maximum allowable outages
• Consider costs and benefits of the alternatives
• Decide upon the most appropriate recovery strategy
• Formalize backup resource agreements - Contingency Plan Implementation
• Document business process recovery procedures
• Document resource/infrastructure recovery procedures
• Document contingency plan management procedures
• Establish plan maintenance and testing processes.