The establishment of every new business venture, as well as the redirection of every existing organisation require both thorough planning and upfront analysis, something that constitutes the most critical factor for the successful evolution of the corporation. According to Deloitte methodologies and global best practices, all company initiatives and projects must be aligned with the Corporate Strategy and Business Plan in order to maximise their effectiveness, produce real value and contribute to growth.
Our approach and methodology in developing a cohesive Business Plan is firmly derived from an established process that we have successfully customised and applied on numerous projects. Furthermore, it should be stated that our overall approach is modular and could be further tailored to your needs if deemed necessary. As a rule, we follow a path with four distinct but interrelated steps:
1. Determining principles
• Making an overview of the mission, vision and objectives of your company
• Determining conditions limited by environment and stakeholders
2. Internal and External analysis
• financial performance, products, customers, core competencies, internal organization
• relevant markets, competitors, benchmark results, best practices, trends
3. Strategic choices
• Defining strategic options
• Evaluating strategic options upon factors such as feasibility, risks, possible returns
• Possibly investigating or developing additional / complementary strategic scenarios
4. Implementation planning
• Formulating a strategy
• Determining plans of action based on the strategy
• Financial projections
The whole process has an open character. This means that we involve you in the process in an intensive manner, for example through participation in a joint project team or by organizing workshops. These can be aimed at formulating objectives, identifying key issues, discussing internal or external developments, developing scenarios, defining and assessing strategic options and translating these options into actions.
Furthermore Deloitte can help you justify large investments by drawing up a business case. This can be an investment in assets, IT systems (ERP, CRM) or new products or markets. We develop a structured overview of all the risks and rewards of these investments. These include the hard, financial consequences but also the less tangible effects. Deloitte’s Value-Print method makes such a complete and careful analysis possible.