Think about how difficult it would be to get through a day without using technology in some way? So many of the things we take for granted are driven by technology – our interaction with work colleagues and vendors, how we receive and absorb world news, the entertainment we enjoy, how we do our personal banking, our shopping and book our travel; even how we socialise with our family and friends - regardless of where they are in the world. Technology surrounds us and supports us. Using it has become second nature.
Deloitte’s Global Advantage technology is no different. It is relevant to the daily work-challenges organisations face, and through delivery of GES expertise provides tangible value to you, your organisation and your employees. We have a flexible range of services available within Global Advantage that can be utilised by your organisation in a way that makes sense, and is most convenient, for you.
As your programme increases in size, it is crucial that strong workflow management processes are in place to maintain quality control over each step of the mobility process. Examples of such processes include managing interaction with numerous stakeholders, overseeing third party vendor service initiation, sending cost projections or tracking assignment approvals and policy exceptions.
With regards to compliance, tax authorities are proactively scrutinising a number of areas in particular, withholding and reporting on equity and collating and reporting global compensation with respect to internationally mobile employees. Revenue Authorities continue to focus on short-term business travellers where identifying and tracking this population continues to be a challenge for many organisations.
Internally, reporting is of increasing importance as there is a need to raise transparency of costs for global mobility programmes as well as to use assignee data to assist in business decisions. Many organisations find that although they have the information they need, a multitude of disparate systems, rigid reporting criteria and limited presentation of results act as barriers to providing the right level of visibility on compliance to an organisation.
Deloitte has a number of solutions to address the above issues and continue to develop functionality to meet evolving needs.
- Service Initiation. An online form which allows users to initiate services including tax, social security, immigration and to attach supporting documentation. Progress of each service request can be tracked.
- GA Connect. Brings automation, structure, transparency and control to your core processes and workflow for your global management teams and service providers. GA Connect has the ability to generate instant reports or dashboards therefore greatly enhancing management reporting.
Short Term Business Travellers
- DART is our short term business traveller solution and is based around a four step process of Discovery, Analysis, Reporting and Transformation underpinned by the latest technology in mobile tracking and data analytic reporting capabilities. Technology can be used to drive the identification process and the analytic travel dashboard can provide optics to the business on frequent travellers, patterns, trends & costs, together with a risk alert by person when their travel is near to or does exceed agreed thresholds for tax reporting in relevant jurisdictions.
Global Employer Compliance
- GlobalAdvantage Equity provides information on the legislative and practical challenges of implementing equity plans in over 50 key countries
- GlobalAdvantage Incentives manages multi-jurisdictional tax and social security withholding calculations on incentives. The tool supports most types of incentives, and provides automated calculations for over 90 countries.
- Global Compensation Management team use the compensation functionality within GlobalAdvantage to produce detailed taxability grids and to generate payroll instructions and compensation reports. Alternatively, organizations can collate compensation data incentives to themselves using GA Compensation Assistant.
- Compliance Countdown enables clients to keep employer compliance under control by checking the compliance deadlines for all payroll and employment tax filings around the globe, highlighting areas of risk and when deadlines are approaching.
Global Employee Compliance – as mobile as our clients
- GA Calendar
Assignees can provide their travel data on smartphones and iPads (or via web calendar). The calendar uses Google geo-locator functionality to enable quick and easy data entry of all trips. Assignees will also be able to perform many other tasks via their smartphones and iPads, including the submission of missing tax return data.
To be as mobile as our clients, we now offer online e-briefings for key home and host locations. These can be used in addition to, or replace, standard tax briefings.
If you use Deloitte for immigration services, the GA Immigration system tracks the status of applications, expiry dates and renewals globally, to help manage immigration compliance for your assignees
- GA Portal is central to our technology solutions; for global mobility teams it offers assignee listings, compliance status reports and Service Level Agreement reports whilst for assignees it offers information such as tax return status and missing tax return information.
- Total cost reporting
If you use our Global Compensation Management service, you will have enhanced cost transparency on the mobility programme through robust total cost reporting.
- Cost Projection
We provide two levels of service, a ‘standard service’ designed for a ‘quick and easy’ calculation, and a more sophisticated service with greater data input capability, tax and hypothetical tax policy modelling, and more granular reporting.