The Deloitte Team
Deloitte's treasury specialists across the firm offer a breadth of not only practice based, but also banking, industry and commercial expertise in Treasury Consulting and Corporate Finance.
We have dedicated teams across tax, audit/accounting advisory, consulting and corporate finance providing a wide range of treasury services who work closely with the finance, treasury and tax departments of UK and multinational corporate groups, and financial institutions.
The Treasury Tax team is comprised of over 20 professionals located across London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Bristol, Reading and Scotland as well as the Deloitte global network of treasury tax specialists.
We provide specialist tax advisory services on treasury and capital markets transactions including cash pooling (multi-jurisdictions and advice on pool header locations), UK and cross-border financing/hedging as well as reviewing the tax efficiency of a companies’ treasury structure and operations.
An enhanced awareness of the tax treatment of treasury transactions has resulted in significant cash savings as well as tax risk mitigation for our clients.
In Issue 7 (Future of UK GAAP Special Edition, Part 1) we look at:
- The options available to entities applying UK GAAP on transition to the new accounting frameworks
- The key UK corporation tax considerations when planning for transition to the new accounting frameworks
- The UK Government’s proposed tax legislative changes, to be introduced in Finance Bill 2013
- News round-up and case law update (including MJP Media, Aspect Capital, Mills and Ileffe News)
Download Issue 7
In Issue 6 we look at:
- Pension funding alternatives
- Basel III – Impact on corporates
- News round-up and case law update (including the UK Government’s consultation on the GAAR)
Download Issue 6
In Issue 5 we take another look at:
- Controlled Foreign Companies (CFC) regime
- Considering the various available options when implementing a company's foreign exchange hedging policy
- Covering how the announced changes in the Budget could impact Treasury transactions
Download Issue 5
In our 4th edition we look at:
- Financial asset protection in volatile markets
- Debt re-structuring and re-financing
- Payment factories and in-house banks
- Foreign exchange matching rules, GAAR proposal
- Two lead cases: The Sussex appeals and The Swan appeals
Download Issue 4
In our third issue, we looked at:
- Foreign exchange hedging rules;
- The trend to find alternative routes to capital;
- The tax issues arising from capital reductions;
- A round up of recent news, looking at legislative changes following the Budget; and
- The recent decisions in Tower MCashback, First Nationwide and Mayes.
Download Issue 3
Issue 2 focussed on:
- New anti-avoidance rules governing Group Mismatch Schemes and Derecognition;
- The current state of the debt markets; and
- The recent decision in HMRC vs DCC Holdings.
Download Issue 2
In our first issue, we covered:
- Identifying issues and opportunities relating to treasury activities that could be dealt with prior to year end;
- The tax implications of cash pooling; and
- Treasury Tax opportunities and considerations associated with M&A.
Download issue 1