Phase 1 - Scoping
We begin with a global study which enables us to obtain a full understanding of a company’s current tax and business structure. From this we will generate a detailed tax road-map which will help a company to control their current and future position in its selected key tax jurisdictions. We will discuss our findings with you through a series of workshops at which we will also jointly aim to identify additional opportunities.
Phase 2 – Establishment of the project management office
A project management office will be established, to ensure the smooth running of the project, both during transition and through to steady state service delivery. Initially, the project management office will manage the transition, the key elements of which we would expect to be:
- Building an accurate entity list and relevant locations where services are required.
- Ensuring that issues relating to legal aspects of the contract applying to each jurisdiction are resolved.
- Building strong relationships with local teams quickly.
- Overseeing professional courtesy procedures with any outgoing service providers as necessary.
- Establishing appropriate formalities with local tax authorities, e.g. new agent requests.
- Transferring knowledge from local teams or outgoing service providers to local Deloitte teams.
- Establishing consistent methods for performing the service, for example standardising tax information packs and reporting formats.
- Tailoring Abacus Enterprise Workflow to ensure that it meets your needs for data availability and task tracking.
Establishing the project management office ensures that day-to-day operational matters are the responsibility of a single team and one single point of contact is always available.
Phase 3 – Infrastructure implementation and deployment
When this initial phase of work is complete, we will turn the vision into reality, effecting a smooth transition to new ways of working. During this period we will define global engagement protocols, mobilise our global team and complete local country development. We will also implement our tax compliance technologies and processes.
Phase 4 – Service delivery
We understand that your immediate priority for year one will be to complete the tax compliance and reporting aspects accurately and on time.
We will agree with you the first day from which we will provide full tax services, and at the start of the contract and at agreed points during the contract we would meet with you to agree our processes and plan ahead from both a commercial and a tax perspective.