R&D case studies
Deloitte's award winning R&D tax services team has been helping clients to optimise their R&D tax relief for more than five years, and has claimed over £3bn qualifying R&D expenditure on behalf of clients during that time.
We have highlighted a few examples of our work, with the benefits our clients have experienced as a result.
- This Small-to-Medium sized enterprise had previously been advised that their activity was not eligible for R&D relief, but Deloitte successfully claimed over £700,000 of R&D cash back for the client. Read more (PDF, 221 KB)
- Complex technical developments prevented this exploration company from optimising their claim. Deloitte increased their claim by more than 500%. Read more (PDF, 222 KB)
- This organisation prepared its R&D claims in-house but felt more confident in proceeding if their claim was reviewed. Read more (PDF, 161 KB)
- Need an efficient approach which can accurately identify and support eligible R&D activity from a vast number of projects? Deloitte doubled the claimable amount for this client. Read more (PDF, 222 KB)
- A pharmaceutical Small-to-Medium sized enterprise prepared their R&D claim internally, but Deloitte increased their tax savings by £90,000. Read more (PDF, 218 KB)
- A technology company achieves massive tax benefits as Deloitte helps them capture the capital spend incurred on technical development projects. Read more (PDF, 218 KB)
- Are you a financial services provider who invests in the technology required to increase security of financial transactions? Want to know how to approach a R&D claim? Read more (PDF, 218 KB)
- Does your business have a complex structure with numerous divisions and commercial sectors? Want to know how to approach a R&D study on a systematic basis to ensure that all of the potentially eligible activities are identified quickly and efficiently? Read more (PDF, 218KB)
- This engineering consultancy has a dynamic project-based structure which made it difficult to accurately capture, calculate and optimise their R&D claim. The Deloitte approach provided the answer. Read more (PDF, 218 KB)
- A design and manufacturing client were uncertain that their activities could be eligible for R&D relief, due to the nature of the projects undertaken. But Deloitte discovered a massive tax saving. Read more (PDF, 222 KB)
Page Last Updated