Who we are
Our Special Situations group has a particular focus on specific transactional, financing and performance needs and requirements of banks, investors and the management teams of companies who are underperforming and/or in financial stress or distress.
By combining the market leading capabilities, skills and experience of our Corporate Finance Advisory and Reorganisation Services practices, we provide clients with specialised, differentiated and value added perspectives, approaches and results.
What we do
Our specialism covers two core services: fast track M&A and stressed solutions. Common to both is an understanding and approach which recognises the importance of time and managing uncertainty during difficult circumstances.
- Fast Track M&A – We provide advice and execution support to stakeholders looking to buy or sell a business in part or whole in shortened time scales. Our team has the capabilities and specific skills to deliver achievable, quick solutions for both vendors and purchasers.
- Stressed Solutions – We work with underperforming or stressed businesses, using our situational experience and the wider capabilities of Deloitte to present strategic perspectives and evaluate realistic options in order to design and execute actions to relieve operational or financial stress, stabilise the business and preserve value.
Where we can help
- Financial distress (cash, profit or assets)
- Reduced lender or investor support
- Failed business plan, turnaround or acquisitions
- Inappropriate capital, financing structure or terms
- Non core or poorly performing activities or businesses