Where we can help
Deloitte provides advice to corporates who wish to dispose of entities utilising tax efficient methods for distributing assets to shareholders where the underlying business is either ceasing or being restructured. In this case, Deloitte can help achieve the corporates' main objectives to:
- Realise the assets of the company;
- Resolve all outstanding matters of the company, including the settlement of claims of all creditors;
- Distribute the surplus assets to the stakeholders;
- Our team can assist in all stages of the solvent liquidation process. We regularly act as liquidators of solvent companies initiating and finalising liquidations in a timely and appropriate manner.
If a company is no longer required by shareholders or the holding company it may go into liquidation. Deloitte can help maximise the benefits achieved by this process. These include:
- Group simplification – eliminating dormant legal entities to achieve a more cost efficient company structure;
- Savings in audit and accounting costs;
- Savings in management time preparing financial information, tax returns and annual returns;
- Recognising and avoiding corporate memory loss;
- Reducing the number of directorships held personally to improve corporate governance and reduce risk to directors.