Nic Carrington, a partner in Deloitte’s Forensic and Dispute Services practice, has specialised in forensic advisory and financial fraud and corruption investigations since 1993.
Nic has advised on cases involving white collar crime and corruption, including FCPA related matters, money laundering compliance and investigations, procurement fraud, conflicts of interest issues and accounting irregularities, and is experienced in dealing with internal auditors, management, police, retained counsel and other financial regulators.
- Playing a lead role in the global investigation into allegations of public bribery and corruption at a European communications and technology conglomerate. Retained by external US counsel, the work focussed on a number of high risk country operations, across a number of segments of the business, and involved liaison with both the SEC and DoJ as well as a number of local European country prosecutors;
- Leading an investigation into allegations of public bribery and corruption at a European automotive manufacturer. The work was conducted in a number of countries around the globe, working closely with external counsel in execution of work plans and reporting of findings to the SEC and DoJ;
- Leading one of the key investigation streams in a six month global investigation into allegations of breaches of the FCPA by a client’s upstream oil and gas division on behalf of potential acquirers;
- Leading an investigation into alleged corruption and malfeasance in an Eastern European business unit of a UK media company. The alleged malpractice related to the winning of government contracts and cycling of cash out of the business to a number of trading entities connected to management;
- Coordination and leading of a number of investigations on behalf of an SEC registered global advertising and marketing corporation at its operations in Central, Southern and Eastern Europe and the CIS. The investigations related to alleged bribery, corruption, tax evasion and false accounting. Nic worked closely with counsel retained by the corporation and the external audit firm and their advisors to ensure that all matters were duly quantified and that required remedial actions including both accounting adjustments and HR actions in respect of implicated staff and management were taken; and
- Leading an investigation at a major UK media organisation into allegations of kick-backs made to senior executives relating to overseas suppliers involved in the manufacture of retail products for the company.
Nic has worked across a wide range of industries with particular focus on financial, automotive, media and technology sectors.
Nic qualified as a chartered accountant in the banking arm of a Big Four accounting firm and is a Certified Fraud Examiner.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7936 3000
Email: Nic Carrington