Partner - Deloitte Forensic
Elizabeth Gutteridge is a partner in Deloitte’s UK Forensic practice. She has been appointed as an expert witness on many occasions and has given oral evidence in the High Court and the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands, as well as in the context of international arbitration proceedings.
Elizabeth is the Forensic lead for the Financial Services dispute team, with a particular knack of combining effectively the wider team’s deep industry and technical expertise with Forensic know-how. Elizabeth also has a long-standing interest in Intellectual Property ('IP') matters. She is a Chartered Accountant and sits on the CBI’s IP Committee.
Elizabeth has been identified by The International Who’s Who of Commercial Arbitration 2014 as one of the world’s leading commercial arbitration expert witnesses.
Financial services disputes – examples
- Acting for a major European investment bank, leading the Deloitte team supporting a number of experts in a multi-billion dollar dispute before the High Court.
- Expert appointment in a joint venture dispute in respect of alleged breaches of a joint venture agreement in the financial services sector.
- Led investigation on behalf of a trade mark licensor in the financial services sector.
IP disputes – examples
- Expert appointment in a trade mark dispute before the High Court.
- Valuation and licensing advice in the context of a patent dispute in the telecoms sector.
- Expert advice on losses suffered under a voluntary injunction and cross-undertaking as to damages in the pharmaceutical sector.