At Deloitte our dedicated International Arbitration specialists advise clients on a number of discrete issues. A typical scenario may be as follows: having entered into a cross border relationship or undertaken a foreign investment, problems have started to arise and you now face a dispute to be adjudicated at an institution such as the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) or the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
While legal Counsel will have advised you on your arbitration strategy, you may also need external expert advice on matters of quantum to address issues such as:
- How the alleged loss can be estimated;
- Whether all potential losses have been identified;
- Whether any mitigating factors need to be considered;
- What evidence exists to support the claim;
- How the relevant data can be collected and analysed; and
- How the financial evidence is best presented in an independent expert report.
What we do
Our dedicated team can support you in a number of ways, drawing upon:
- Our vast experience in dealing with both contract and treaty disputes in front of the major arbitral institutions and in a wide variety of ad-hoc arbitrations;
- Our specialists who can provide support and advice at all stages in the dispute process, and who are experienced in acting as party-appointed expert, as expert to a tribunal and as arbitrator;
- Our experts who are practised in giving oral expert evidence before tribunals and courts in many countries, both by means of conventional cross-examination by Counsel and other methods such as witness conferencing;
- Our experience in dealing with an extensive array of complex disputes ranging from breach of contract to asset expropriation and to purchase price disputes;
- Our experience across all major industry sectors, providing industry specialists, economists and financial modellers where appropriate; and
- Our ability to work in multi-lingual and often cross-cultural environments requiring multi-national teams and expertise.
For further information, please contact Will Inglis, or please call 020 7936 3000.