Partner, Deloitte Forensic
|Neil Hargreaves is a partner in Deloitte Forensic. He heads the team in Leeds and has 20 years of experience in forensic accounting. He has experience of a broad range of disputes and investigations including contractual disputes, share and business valuations, loss of profits claims, completion account disputes, intellectual property disputes, insurance claims and fraud and accounting irregularities. He has assisted Counsel in mediations and has acted as expert accountant in a number of High Court Matters.|
- Investigating a £5million 'black hole’ in the treasury account of a manufacturing business;
- Investigating a portfolio of licensees for a client in the technology sector, identifying over £30 million of under-reported royalties;
- Quantifying the loss of profits suffered by a premiership football club following the alleged breach of contract by a shirt sponsor;
- Valuation of several small and medium sized enterprises for a variety of cases including minority shareholder matters and warranty disputes;
- Assisting insurers and their appointed loss adjusters with the business interruption claim submitted by a hotel/conference centre following a fire; and
- Advising a UK client on the losses suffered as a result of IP infringement by a Korean company.
Neil specialises in helping clients maximise revenue from license agreements, including analysis of agreements, financial investigation and reporting on unpaid royalties. He has led over 50 forensic royalty investigations for clients in the technology and consumer business sectors. These have resulted in the recovery of millions of pounds of under reported royalties. Neil is also a regular speaker on licensing and contract management and has written a number of articles on the subject.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7936 3000
Email: Neil Hargreaves