Forensic structured products advisory
Bringing clarity to complex situations
Complex financial structured products were at the heart of the capital markets and key to many investment banks’ and financial firms’ profit streams while financial times were good. However, these very same structures are seen by many as also having been at the epicentre of the financial crisis that followed.
In the post-crisis world, banks, financial firms, their clients, their counterparties and regulators have found themselves facing some highly novel and complex challenges when trying to assess, for example, whether there are valid claims for losses incurred, particularly in light of highly volatile markets at the time of the collapse.
How Deloitte can help
Deloitte has exceptional depth of experience in dealing with all asset classes of structured products. We have performed many engagements dealing with:
- Valuation disputes
- Interpretation and clarification of documentation
- Wind up and close out procedures
- Independent investigations of facts and circumstances
- Mis-selling disputes
- Regulatory investigations or reviews
- Litigation support working with lawyers, regulators and other interested third parties.