Our Private Equity Debt Advisory team works closely with CFOs and Private Equity investors to provide them with independent advice and world class execution resource on all aspects of their debt financing.
There are three situations which typically trigger the involvement of our team:
- Maturing debt facilities which need refinancing – amend and extend exercises;
- Considering accessing a new debt market – alternative/non-bank lenders or capital markets;
- Reviewing asset based finance to release value from balance sheet – receivables, stock, plant & machinery or property;
- Funding for growth and expansion;
- Funding for dividends and cash out;
- Analysing off balance sheet finance; joint venture funding or equity investment; and
- Assessing multiple proposals from lenders.
Acquisitions, Disposals & Mergers
- Raising acquisition finance facilities;
- Providing a staple debt package to maximise sale proceeds on a disposal; and
- Additional finance required as a result of a change in strategic objectives.
Restructuring or renegotiating of existing debt facilities
- New money requirement;
- Real or potential breach of covenants;
- Experiencing a trading downturn creating short term liquidity pressure, leading to a requirement for temporary or additional working capital; and
- Existing lenders transfer debt to an alternative lender group.
The financial markets in which the team advises include:
- Leveraged finance bi-lateral, club and syndicated senior bank facilities;
- Mezzanine finance, unitranche, second lien, PIK and quasi facilities;
- Asset Based lending facilities; and
- Debt Capital markets including High Yield issuance and ratings advisory.