Partner - Corporate Finance Advisory
Ian leads the Corporate Finance Advisory business in Scotland & Northern Ireland and is an elected member of Deloitte’s UK Board.
Based in Glasgow, Ian fulfils the role of Senior Partner for Scotland & Northern Ireland and is responsible for all Deloitte’s business in the region, on a cross-service line basis.
Ian has been involved in Corporate Finance for over 20 years.
- UK M&A and Private Equity
- Cross border transactions
- Corporate Finance Advisory Partner in Deloitte since acquisition of RMD in 2000
- Until 2011 was Partner in Charge of CF Advisory for the Regions (i.e. all offices outside London)
- Partner in Rutherford Manson Dowds (RMD)
- Touche Ross
- British Linen Bank in London and Glasgow
- Trained with Arthur Young
Recent transaction experience
- Fund raising for Asset Alliance Limited
- Assisting a multi-national Private Equity company on the divestment of its Central and Eastern European portfolio
- Disposal of Giles Insurance Brokers
- Disposal of Qserv to Aker Kvaerner Solutions