Partner - Corporate Finance Advisory
Cahal is Vice Chairman of Deloitte UK and Head of Private Markets & Advisory Corporate Finance.
Cahal is a partner in our London and Edinburgh offices and leads our Corporate Finance Advisory Business in the UK. He has advised on a significant number of large, complex transactions from a wide variety of sectors.
- UK M&A and cross border transactions
- Private Equity and Management team advisory services
- Corporate Finance Advisory Partner in Deloitte since acquisition of RMD in 1999.
- Founder of Rutherford Manson Dowds (RMD) in 1986 and went on to be the largest independent accountancy business in Scotland and was sold to Deloitte in 1999.
- Cahal has been a Board Member and Executive Member of the Firm since September 2003.
- At the age of 42, Cahal became the youngest ever President of the Scottish Institute of Chartered Accountants in 2002.
- Disposal of Wood Mackenzie to Hellman & Friedman
- Disposal of Barrie & Hibbert to Moody’s
- Disposal of Sunseeker International
- Disposal of Wood Mackenzie to Charterhouse
- Disposal of Silverburn to Hammerson
- Disposal of Macdonald Hotels
- Disposal of Dobbies Garden Centres plc to Tesco plc
- Disposal of Open & Direct
- Disposal of Paymentshield Limited
- Disposal of Fishers Services Limited
- Disposal of Newell & Budge
- Disposal of Clydeport plc
- Disposal of Letts Filofax
- Disposal of Footman James