Director - Corporate Finance Advisory
Karlien is a Director in our treasury advisory team. She advises clients on all aspects of treasury management, both as part of a corporate finance transaction and as separate treasury projects.
- Corporate Treasurer (Member of ACT).
- Treasury advice on CF projects, typically on financial risk, separation and derivatives restructuring.
- Treasury advisory/consulting – policies, operations and infrastructure.
- Deloitte since 1996.
- Prior to Deloitte, worked as a treasurer in BT plc: hands-on treasury experience in cash management, cash flow forecasting, commercial paper issuance and FX dealing.
- Leads Corporate Finance based treasury advisory team.
Recent transaction and treasury experience
- Adviser to a PE house buying a UK headquartered but European business on how to manage completion FX exposures. Subsequently benchmarked interest rate hedges.
- Advisor to a listed REIT business on its interest rate hedging and pre-hedging policies, including the implementation and benchmarking.
- Lead treasury member of Deloitte’s cross-functional team of subject matter experts supporting our clients in their immediate response strategies to the eurozone crisis.