Partner - Corporate Finance Advisory
Daniel Grosvenor leads our Energy sector financial advisory work in the public and private sectors, in particular in nuclear energy and advising central Government on major business financial restructuring projects.
Daniel has provided advice to the global nuclear industry on new build programmes and to the UK Government on the restructuring of the civil nuclear industry.
Daniel has also worked extensively with the UK’s Shareholder Executive including Post Office funding review, Student Loan sale option analysis and the refinancing of Royal Mail including leading the due diligence work stream.
Daniel’s experience includes:
- Financial advice to the global nuclear industry on nuclear new build, including feasibility studies, project structuring and financing including PGE of Poland, Vattenfall and EDF Energy.
- Advising the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority on the funding of nuclear decommissioning and waste management, corporate transactions and the competitors to find operators for its nuclear sites.
- Advising Government on privatisation and disposal of businesses and other assets which includes Student Loan sale options and the re-financing of Royal Mail.
- Advising the UK Government on the restructuring of the UK civil nuclear industry including the rescue, restructuring and re-listing of British Energy and the restructuring of British Nuclear Fuels Limited and the creation of the Nuclear Decommissioning Agency.
- Regular financial performance reviews of Post Office Limited, and recent (2010) review of funding requirements to deliver Government’s programme.
- Strategic and implementation advice on the restructuring of the Royal Mint into a Government company with the potential for eventual disposal.
- Advising the Shareholder Executive on value for money and classification of a sale of Student Loans.
- Advising the Cabinet Office on its G-Cloud programme.
- Transaction support to NDA for the disposal of the Government’s interest in Springfields Fuels Limited.
- Advising to the Home Office on the accounting treatment on the vesting of Forensic Science Service as a Government company.