Partner - Corporate Finance Advisory
Robin Cohen has led the Economic Consulting practice for the last 10 years. He has over 20 years consulting experience in economic regulation and analysis working with corporates, regulators and governments. Robin focuses his work in the following sectors:
- Energy: Robin leads our work in the energy sector. He has advised leading energy companies on market reforms, investment appraisal, the implications of climate change and new approaches to network regulation. He has advised energy regulators and governments both in the UK and internationally on energy sector reform and regulation.
- Water: Robin is currently advising on water sector reform in the UK including accounting separation, retail competition and upstream water trading.
- Financial services: Robin has led a series of engagements assessing regulatory policies and their competitive impacts. Clients include the Financial Services Authority and HM Treasury.
- Public sector: Robin advises on complex policy impact assessments and cost-benefit analysis. Clients in the UK have included Department for Health, Department for Transport, the National Audit Office and the Department for Business. Internationally he has worked for the European Commission, the European Parliament and the World Bank.
- Competition policy and disputes: Robin has advised on competition investigations in the UK and at the European Commission, with a special focus on state aid. He has acted as an Expert on complex litigation and arbitrations.