Partner - Corporate Finance Advisory
John has over 25 years of banking experience and joined Deloitte’s Debt Advisory team in 2005 and has since arranged over £15bn of debt for a wide variety of European companies, both public and private corporates and private equity backed.
- Acquisitions, disposals & mergers - acquisition and merger financing.
- Refinancing - maturing debt facilities, new debt markets, asset based financing, syndicated and club deals.
- Restructuring or renegotiating debt - covenant waiver and reset negotiations, trading downturns, credit rating downgrades, facility extensions and amendments, new money requests and debt buy backs.
- Prior to Deloitte, John was at ABN AMRO, where he was a Director in Debt Capital Markets, responsible for a range of US$, Euro and Sterling Cross Border financings for European corporates.
- Prior to that he was a director in Lloyds TSB Capital Markets.
- John is also an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers.
Recent transaction experience
- Advisor to a FTSE 250 private equity vehicle on refinancing EUR 750m bank and USD 500 private placement facilities.
- Advisor to a mid market sponsor on providing banking facilities to acquire a Special Educational Needs Schools business with an EV of c. £100m.
- Advisor to a mid market sponsor on the restructuring of its portfolio company’s £110m debt faciliites.