Director - Corporate Finance Advisory
Nick is a Director in Deloitte’s Corporate Finance Advisory (“CFA”) Industrials team and the UK industry leader for the Print, Paper and Packaging sector.
He has 15 years of corporate finance experience advising a range of clients on the acquisition and disposal of businesses, fundraising and on their strategic positioning. During this time he has advised on over 40 transactions across the industrials sector, having completed deals in the automotive, chemical, print, paper and packaging, oil and gas, renewables, mining and construction sectors.
- Corporate M&A, private equity and management team advisory services;
- Cross border transactions'
- Industrial products and processes;
- Energy & Resources.
- With Deloitte since 1999;
- Chartered Accountant;
- M&A manager, Wolseley Plc.
Selected transactions experiences
- Lead advisor to Evonik Industries AG (2003 – 2012) - five completed disposals including the sale of assets across Europe, the US and Asia;
- Advisor to BP plc on a number of projects, most recently the sale of its global LPG businesses (seven transactions);
- Strategic advice to a UK FTSE 100 company on the development of its renewable energy strategy and development of a biomass plant;
- Lead advisor on the sale of Wyndeham Press Group;
- Sale of Linpac to Montagu Private Equity and subsequent sale of Linpac Containers to DS Smith;
- Sale of JR Crompton to Glatfelter Inc;
- Fast-track disposal of Betts Global Ltd;
- Lead sell-side advisor for other corporates such as: Taylor Wimpey, Chesapeake, MeadWestVaco, Parker Hannifin and Artenius;
- Lead buy-side advisor for other clients such as: Wolseley, Globeleq, Tesco Plc, Unatrac, Bridgestone, British Sugar and Kronospan.