Debt Markets Update Q3 outlook
Despite the recent positive news on UK GDP showing the early signs of the UK coming out recession, Debt market activity in Q3 reflects our view that UK PLC’s remain relatively cautious given the deteriorating economic climate in the Eurozone and what looks like a choppy and weak UK recovery for the rest of 2012.
Watch the video and hear the views from Fenton Burgin, a partner in our Debt Advisory group and Ian Stewart, our Chief Economist.
- Bank lending in the mid market is going to remain scarce.
- The gap between the haves and have not’s will get bigger as very large companies refinance bank debt in the capital markets.
- Big structural issues remain in the leveraged buyout arena.
- CFOs continue to adopt defensive balance sheet strategies.
- UK companies are looking to use strong balance sheets to find new sources of revenue and growth.
To receive future editions of Deloitte’s Debt Market Update please register at www.deloitte.co.uk/debtupdate.
Partner, Debt Advisory
020 7303 3986
Partner, Chief Economist
020 7007 9386