The achievement and maintenance of competitive advantage requires organisations to be responsive to changes in their external environment. The factors that influence competitive positioning are diverse (including customers, suppliers and the policy and regulatory landscape) and an organisation’s future success is dependent on its ability to develop and execute strategies that effectively take these into account.
In Deloitte’s Strategy practice our consultants combine in-depth insight into our client organisations with an intimate understanding of the industry sectors in which they operate in order to help our clients stay one step ahead of their competitors.
We help our clients to compete through services such as:
- Regulatory strategy – drawing on our in-depth understanding of the UK, European and global policy and regulatory landscapes to help our clients foresee and respond to stay ahead of competitors
- Competitive response – developing plans to respond in both the short and longer term to changes in the market, such as the introduction of pay-walls for newspapers or social media marketing for FMCGs
- Strategic performance-improvement – working with clients to understand how a strategy can be effectively rolled out through their organisation to drive improved performance, and how that might shape their future operating model
- Pricing strategy – helping clients develop pricing and profit-optimisation strategies that deliver and maintain advantage over the competition
- Market creation – helping clients to reap the benefits of competition in environments where none has existed previously, including helping our public-sector clients design and deliver new markets in their delivery chains.