Case study: Central government department
Type of project
Contact centre operational performance improvement.
Public Sector organisation: central government department.
What problem was the client faced with?
The client has a large contact centre estate (9000 Advisers on 23 sites) providing services to 24 million individual and business customers. The contact centre estate is very diverse and no two centres are alike in their size, complexity, staff mix or business heritage.
What solution did we design and implement?
Deloitte was engaged to deliver additional productivity and a step change in overall quality within this highly unionised organisation.
Our role included:
- Design of an overall contact centre blueprint (future model)
- Design and widespread validation of change packages, including process, operations, people and culture
- Organisational change and role definition/refinement
- Programme management
- Stakeholder management and communications.
What results and benefits were achieved?
Upon completion of the programme we had achieved the following:
- Sustained productivity improvements to reduce average handling time and cost of contact
- Service levels and compliance with Public Services Authority targets
- Re-defined processes and roles developing highly skilled customer service agents
- A new target driven performance management culture leading to increased efficiency and accountability across the function.