Case study: European communication services provider
Type of project
Contact channel operational reviews and benchmarking.
The organisation offers telecommunications, cable television and internet access services to its customers.
What problem was the client faced with?
The European Media and Telecoms market has become increasingly competitive, with a real focus on price as a differentiator, whilst the economic climate has slowed consumer spending. With a history of siloed operations, the organisation was keen to strengthen its strategy with a view to improving customer acquisition and retention.
What solution did we design and implement?
Deloitte was engaged to transform the key functions involved in delivering sales and service. Our approach centred on:
- Design a future operating model for the client that could operate with a significantly lower cost base
- Develop the operational transformation programme required to deliver the future operating model
- Assessment of sales and service performance, identification of KPIs across marketing, sales, customer operations, networks and systems.
What results and benefits were achieved?
By implementing a new operating model, Deloitte was able to drive key process improvements, including:
- Attention to performance improvement encouraged significant efficiency gains, reducing operating costs for the client.
- Improved KPIs delivered more effective operating processes and standards across key functions, leading to enhanced sales and service delivery.