Case study: Telecommunications organisation
Type of project
Customer contact strategy.
The client provides internet access and digital television broadcast solutions, as well as local and international telephone services.
What problem was the client faced with?
The client faced changing markets, technologies, regulation and customer patterns, with rapidly evolving products and propositions. Customers were increasingly demanding and well informed, and used a diverse range of contact channels across marketing, sales and service.
What solution did we design and implement?
Deloitte was engaged to balance the value to the customer with the value to the business by analysing current operations. We provided:
- Design and delivery of a fully integrated contact management strategy
- Definition of people, process, organisational and technological capabilities
- Development and implementation of a target operating model to realise the customer contact strategy and drive value
- Ongoing project management, stakeholder management and communications.
What results and benefits were achieved?
Over a five-year period, the programme was designed to achieve savings of over £100m through:
- Simplified service model (TOM) implementation
- Self service delivery
- Critical contacts and improved call handling.