Dean has spent the last 7 years in Asset and Liability Management (ALM) and Treasury Internal Audit. In ALM Dean had exposure to Capital Management, Liquidity Management, Regulatory Liquidity Reporting and Balance Sheet Hedging Initiatives. As an internal auditor Dean was specifically responsible for the audits of a banks Treasury Division. Prior to working in banking Dean spent a number of years in Corporate Treasury. Dean is qualified in accountancy (FCCA) and treasury (AMCT).
- Manager Group Internal Audit – managed audits of Treasury Front Office Desks (Funding and Liquidity, Treasury Sales and Proprietary Trading Desks), Wholesale Payments, Nostro Reconciliations and Pillar II Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB).
- Manager Asset and Liability Management – Selected highlights include:
- Completed an ICAAP report for the UK Retail and Commercial Division of an overseas bank;
- Responsible for IRRBB;
- Liquidity management and reporting, including introducing liquidity monitoring triggers and daily retail funding reporting and regulatory FSA reporting;
- Liquidity Stress Testing – undertook analysis to support firm specific, system wide and combined stress testes;
- Analysed Return on Equity by business portfolio and influenced balance sheet strategy with results;
- Input into funding initiatives including a securitisation structure;
- Supported deposit gathering initiatives with pricing support and attended client meetings with relationship managers;
- Responsible for hedge accounting (IFRS39).
- In Corporate Treasury Dean had experience of:
- Hedge Accounting under IFRS 39 and FAS133;
- Front Office dealing of Money Market, FX spot and Fwds and Interest Rate Swaps;
- Hedging of investments in overseas subsidiaries;
- Implementing Euro and USD cash pooling structures;
- Operation of intercompany netting.