|Justin is a Senior Manager with the South West Financial Services audit and advisory practice, with over 8 years of experience. Justin specialises in Financial Services (FS) and Treasury and has worked across a range of treasury and advisory projects with corporates, financial service firms and public bodies.|
Justin’s recent experience includes:
- Central Treasury function reviews (including for a FTSE client).
- Treasury management reviews across a range of local authorities (councils and police authorities).
- Projects to help clients assess and quantify exposures to foreign currency risk.
- Assisted a Government Trading Fund design and implement a foreign exchange hedging policy, with associated training on understanding exposures, potential hedging strategies and management information design.
- A project with a local authority to document the specific facts and events in relation to deposits held with Icelandic banks in October 2008.
- Reviews of treasury policies and strategy, providing feedback and recommendations based on the exposures within clients and good practice.
- Advising both clients and audit teams on accounting for and disclosure of financial instruments, including derivative products, under UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Performing independent valuations of derivatives.
- Project managed retail and wholesale-related elements on FTSE 100 bank integration projects.
- ACA, Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Ph.D, University of Bristol
- BA (Oxon) in Geography, University of Oxford