Uppili is a Senior Manager in the Global Treasury and Capital Markets team based in London. His role includes acting as an advisor and consultant to corporate treasury clients.
His previous treasury experience includes:
- Managing the middle office treasury function for a FTSE 100.
- Directing the international treasury activity for a FTSE 100 covering over 200 countries.
- Overseeing the front office treasury area for a FTSE 250 covering dealing operations, board reporting and FX hedging activity.
- Enhancing the board reporting requirements, including the monitoring of loan covenants, for a privately held VC controlled former FTSE 100.
- Revising and implementing the treasury risk management policy, procedures and reporting for a global financial institution with multiple trading floors across several continents.
- Optimising the global cash management operation for a global telecoms company through the implementation of notional pooling, zero balancing and other enhanced liquidity measures..
- Improving the key SOX controls and treasury policies for a FTSE 100 treasury.
- Acting as the primary consultant for managing treasury requirements of a global services division within an international telecommunications firm.
- Leading on key strategic projects including bank rationalisation, cash reduction and cash visibility initiatives, working with group leadership teams to manage out the complex legal and regulatory issues.
- Implementing a group wide trade finance policy that included a new transfer pricing model for a global foreign exchange company.
- Developing, testing and implementing a new treasury disaster recovery solution to help manage out requirements for pandemic flu contingency planning for group treasury.
Uppili has a keen interest in keeping up to speed with modern developments and technological breakthroughs in the treasury marketplace, and regularly attends treasury conferences including the ACT London regional group meetings. He is an associate member of the Association of Corporate Treasurers and also holds a Masters degree with the University of London specialising in international business strategy, global economic theory, and the theories of international trade and competitive advantage.