Narinder has worked for two global banks namely UBS Investment Bank and Standard Chartered Bank in London and New York. She has 9 years of experience within financial markets with a focus on fixed income securities. At UBS Narinder worked in a sales capacity specialising in interest-rate derivatives. Within Standard Chartered Bank she worked in the Group Treasury team with exposure to capital management and FX and interest-rate hedging.
UBS Investment Bank, London and New York
- Extensive experience in interest-rate derivative and cash products including swaps, FRAs, basis swaps, swaptions, caps/floors, inflation-linked bonds and swaps, AAA sovereign, Government Guaranteed, Covered and government bonds as well as CDS swaps.
- Responsible for recommending suitable investment and hedging products to clients. Hedging products were used predominantly to manage against adverse moves in outright interest rate and yield curve levels, as well as sovereign credit risk on G10 currencies.
- Building relationships with large and medium-sized, institutional clients. Key clients included a Swiss insurance company, a large US Investment Bank and a major UK based hedge fund.
Standard Chartered Bank, London
- Responsible for daily management of Group capital forecast model to monitor capital adequacy ratios. Scenario analysis was performed on the model to see the impact of potential acquisitions, debt buybacks and new capital raising by the Group on its capital ratios. The highlight was actively working on the acquisition of Korean First Bank
- Recommended and executed FX strategies to hedge the Group’s non-USD profit inflows from overseas branches as well as non-USD cost base. This was overseen by the GALCO liquidity committee and resulted in significant cost savings.
- Managed and executed the interest rate risk on the Bank’s capital debt portfolio and surplus cash
- Working on broader projects like recognizing IAS39 hedges in order to receive hedge accounting treatment and Basel II migration.