James is a Senior Manager in the Global Treasury and Capital Markets team based in London. His role includes advising clients on all aspects of treasury management.
James has over nine years of experience working in Treasury and Finance. He qualified as an Associate Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA) in 2004 and Associate Member of Corporate Treasurers (AMCT) in 2006. He studied at Royal Holloway, University of London, where he completed a BSc in Economics and MSc in Financial and Industrial Economics.
Prior to joining Deloitte in 2010, James worked in several roles within Tesco; a multi-national consumer business with turnover of GBP 59bn. He started his career on the Tesco Finance Graduate Scheme, and worked in several general finance roles before deciding to specialise in Corporate Treasury. His experience includes placements in Commercial Finance, Property Finance, Operations Finance, Group Reporting/Accounting and Treasury.
James gained Treasury experience across the Front, Middle and Back Office in several roles ranging from Treasury Dealer to Project Manager.
- Implemented a 12 month Treasury Straight Through Processing (STP) change project.
- Worked in the Seoul office of a major subsidiary for 6 months to review controls and best practice following a £1.0bn new business acquisition. Implemented recommendations to improve treasury controls, reporting, dealing, communication, back up recovery, liquidity management and agency working.
- Managed the roll out of an international e-treasury system across Asia and facilitated change within the local teams to deliver best results. Visited each subsidiary for one week in Malaysia, Thailand, HK, China and Japan. Also delivered remote training to other global regions, including India.
- Developed a Periodic Treasury KPI pack for Main Board reporting.
- Managed the cash management stream in the Treasury integration of a bank acquisition.