Paul joined Deloitte as a Senior Manager within the Northern Financial Services practice in September 2010 and has a range of treasury experience both in corporate treasury and within financial services, from treasury dealing through to accounting and control.
Paul’s treasury experience includes:
- Implementing new systems including core treasury management system, confirmation matching, electronic dealing, banking and accounting platforms
- Leading numerous cash management improvement projects to secure centralised control of cash balances using notional cash pooling, target and zero balancing solutions.
- Direct experience of cash and liquidity management and hedging of foreign exchange and interest rate risk
- Delivery of accurate accounting information for treasury and design of effective control frameworks
- Implementation and review of systems and processes to meet regulatory requirements including hedge accounting, capital requirements and liquidity standards.
Before joining Deloitte, Paul held the positions of Assistant Treasurer at Bodycote plc and Group Treasury Accountant at Britannia Building Society. Paul is a full member of the Association of Corporate Treasurers, having been awarded his MCT qualification with distinction in 2008. He is also a Chartered Management Accountant and a Prince2 trained project practitioner.