ERP projects represent some of the largest investments that organisation’s undertake, both in terms of direct financial spend and ongoing resource commitments. Successful SAP implementations can significantly reduce costs through efficiencies and represent an opportunity to streamline and standardise processes globally.
Measuring return on investment is a complex process. Developing a sustainable mechanisms to continually access risk, compliance, system usage, drive improved performance is the key to increasing return on investment and user satisfaction.
- Limited visibility of the risks associated with SAP for key business processes, and limited oversight relating to the compliance of SAP.
- Due to the complexity of the system, the volume of transactions and the material nature of account balances, there is a high risk that material misstatement of the account balances could occur.
- Management and Internal and External auditors are unable to place reliance on appropriateness of controls in SAP. Where irregularities are found, reliance on the control environment is reduced, which may result in additional costs to manually substantiate for the integrity of financial accounts and overall control environment.
Our solutions cover all components of SAP including:
- Process and control design - creating efficient processes and robust control frameworks and designing strong controls, by effectively utilising system configuration and reporting controls.
- Security and role design – remediating and redesigning security and role design to minimise segregation of duties (SoD), sensitive access (SA) & privileged access issues.
- Optimisation – monitoring deviation from the original business case and business needs, to ensure efficient use of SAP, allowing clients to maximise the functionality of their SAP landscape.
- Business change and system embedding – performing risk assessments, creating business governance, designing processes and controls and business training to ensure embedding and realisation of SAP projects.
- Implementation healthcheck – provide a complete picture of system upgrades and implementations throughout project lifecycle by performing an independent rigorous top down and bottom view across the programme.
- Use of 3rd party tools (i.e. eQSmart / ACTT / SAP GRC / Approva BizRights) – identifying and quantifying audit and compliance risks, and enabling clients to effectively monitor and react to business and SAP risks.