Eurozone Crisis – Are you focussing on value protection or value creation?
- February 2012
- 445 KB
- Eurozone Crisis – Are you focussing on value protection or value creation? (PDF)
- Area: Transforming the finance function
The impact of a Eurozone collapse on UK corporates could be material yet most organisations do not seem to be prepared for, or fully understand, this impact. Are executives denying the crisis or is the uncertainty simply too great for companies to prepare for the unknown?
The likely winners in this environment are the businesses that have considered the possible outcomes, have reflected them in their planning and are prepared for operations in the circumstances of a failure of the currency or its new status in a post-crisis world. At a minimum every company should have a plan in place covering:
- Awareness - understanding what is at stake
- Preparedness - taking the appropriate actions now
- Resilience - having a contingency plan in place
- Readiness testing – see the worst case scenario before it happens